2 (13%)
Thursday
1 (7%)
Friday
3 (20%)

Total votes: 15

danteuk

Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:31 pm

Just when I thought I'd able to make it to Stoke Park on my way home from the office ( Heathrow ) now we are relocating to Dartford, this makes me happy because it shorten my journey time but no Stoke Park stop off :(
MyKites - That is not dead that can eternal lie, yet in strange aeons this damn kite might fly.

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:41 pm

Tuesday being the new Monday and all that. Anyone up for it. Forecast was for rain rain rain but as usual it's sun sun sun.
Jason.

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:18 am

A nice evening with ABW and Piero. I think they were testing the Bio-Dome's "self sealing" mode as we had about one minute and thirty seconds of very light rain at one point.
Jason.

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:44 am

It's Tuesday again... I'm going to try and coax the flapjack king and the crazy copter queen out. Anyone else fancy it? I should be there about 6pm.
Jason.

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter
Topic Author

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:47 am

I'll try.....

abw

Tuesday is the new Monday

Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:09 pm

Jason wrote:
I'm going to try and coax the [...] crazy copter queen out.

I'll be there. Just as long as you don't call me a queen and threaten to out me. :-)

A

abw

Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:08 am

Well it was a lovely evening for a while... the sound of birds chirping in the trees and the smell of freshly cut grass. 8)

Then the downpour came, just moments after Craig left. No coincidence I think. Now we know the truth. All has become clear. It's Craig. He is the chosen one. He is the BioDome Operator.

A

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter
Topic Author

Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:54 pm

abw wrote:
All has become clear. It's Craig. He is the chosen one. He is the BioDome Operator.

and as the operator I shall be there this evening checking that the BioDome hasn't suffered any lasting damaged from recent storms !

711jrp

Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:15 pm

Might see if I can make it over..
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

711jrp

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:07 pm

Can't make it afterall :(
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

abw

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:47 pm

The Operator, speaking via the aether from his Theatre of Operations wrote:
and as the operator I shall be there this evening checking that the BioDome hasn't suffered any lasting damaged from recent storms !

All Hail The Operator!

[hail!] [hail!]

Wait... there must be a smiley for this...

:-({|=

No, that's not it.

:stupid:

Nope, nor that.

:assshaking:

Now we're just being silly... ah found it.

:poked:

Yeah, that's the one. That's The Operator on the left. BioDome on the right. See how it cowers in the glorious presence of The Operator and trembles with fear as The Operator wields his mighty Stick of Operations.

See you down there Mr Operator, sir.

A

Roland

Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:46 pm

hello :D
better introduce myself first
im Roland, i live in guildford and have been flying kites for a fair while, and im still very young!!
anyway today and yesterday i have been down in Pourtsmouth for the anual kitefestival which was a laugh but the wind was a bit dissapointing untill everyone had left, meaning i had nearly all the feild to myself :D
yesterday i was just messing about with Rev's and my powerkite (3.5 bullet, but in the right wind its pretty dangerous ;)!
today, next to no wind, but that diddnt stop me trying, so i pulled out the old dot matrix to see how it is, now ive never really learnt anything about tricks and taught myself off the internet, but thought id better ask to learn the basics, so i sent off my dad to go ask one of the guys flying for teams and stuff to come help out, they were ever so helpfull showed me simple stalls, snap stalls etc which i now know how they help trick the kite! wahey ive had the door open to trick kiting! :D:D
ended up the guy, who just been in a huge powerkiting accident (to see if anyone knows who he is!) told me to come visit this site for all info, trick helping, what kites are better for this and that and i saw this post, being from guildford and flying at stoke park quite regularly but i never see anyone there :(
so if anyone dosent mind flying with a younger guy and showing him some tricks or just flying let me know, im on holidays at the moment and can get there anytime anyday :) if anyones up for it :D
and i just realised how long this post is! and fingers crossed my spelling is ok! if not sorry :) haha!
x

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:56 am

Hi Roland, Nice to meet you and your Dad and brother yesterday at Portsmouth. Shouldn't be too ahrd to get a get together going. It used to be a regular midweek thing but people change jobs and life gets in the way sometimes. I spoke to Andy Wardley this weekend and he's keen to get a few autumn/winter trick comps going at Guildford on Sundays so that would be an ideal opportunity to get together with other flyers.

See you soon.
Jason.