Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

joland
Topic Author

any kite flyers in the Stockport (Manchester) area

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:00 pm

hi i'm new to kite flying and was wondering if there's anybody out there flying in the Stockport area who could help out a complete beginner?
jr

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:38 pm

I'm not local but quite a few of the Northern Kite Group come here from time to time. Really freindly bunch too. Have a look here, and since you're in the area this might help you out a bit too.

Bryan

jaydub

Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:04 am

As Bryan says, check out the NKG forum. You'll probably get more responses if you post the question there.

There's a number of us within spitting distance of Stockport, so somebody should be able to help you out.

You could do far worse than turn up at the Dips at New Brighton this Sunday for the NKG Better Flying Day.

Ian
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:34 am

Hi jr

You'd be more than welcome on Sunday if you can make it. It sounds like there will be lots of people coming of all abilities from beginners to advanced fliers. You can also get some good advice about what to fly and maybe even try out some top quality kit.

If you can't make it there's a Winter League at the end of November at the Dips which you may find interesting. You may even want to take part, especially in the precision disciplines, or maybe just come along and watch. Otherwise check out www.kitecalendar.co.uk for a what's on listing and keep an eye on the events list on the NKG web site - probably your nearest club. Midlands Kite Fliers events are also usually reachable in a day and they are a very friendly and welcoming club.

adampoll

Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:32 am

From someone who was posting the same question earlier this year, The better flying days are an absolute must even if you dont fly and just watch.

Maybe see you on sunday.

Adam
RUN WITH IT!!!!!!!LEG IT!!!!!!!!

joland
Topic Author

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:59 pm

Hi Fellas.

Many Thanks for your replies and your encouraging comments and web links.

Not sure i can make Sunday as i work two out of three weekends, and i was off last weekend. i'll see if i can book a lieu day or holiday but they usually like at least a weeks notice.

I will however check and post something about meeting up with interested people like yourselves and check out the NKG Forum etc.

Thanks again guys for your help and maybe i'll bump into you over the weekend if possible. if i can't make it would it be ok to ask you questions about the terminology used in some of the Tutorial type videos. it's all very well them saying to do this and that, but if you dont know what this and that is your pretty stuffed really!!
jr

Neil E
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:33 pm

Welcome jr :D

As Jon says, there's a good number of us near to you and plenty of meetings to turn up at and learn what you can. Check out the NKG forum as well for more local news of meetings / events. Neil :-D
KITE Rx