Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Bastiaan
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

16th all Ireland fly-in.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:45 am

Well, yet another highly successfull fly-in, courtesy of some soccer pitch outside some estate in Portadown.
I got up had espresso, got my bag in the car, brought some nice shoes and my good coat, some books another slightly irrelevant items, forgot to give some girl a lift to Kilkenny, got phone call with inexplainable ranting about it, stopped for coffee in Athy, had a sausage roll, paid toll in Dublin, Paid toll in Dundalk, no where to stop for a pee, stopped on hard shoulder of motor way for , well guess, got to the north, forgot to exchange money, got to Steve's house.

Steve not there...
Keith not there....

Phoned steve, he was in class, told me door unlocked use slight force, other door unlocked as well, now in Steve's kitchen, hear about 6700 kids in the background screaming about being able to get into Steve's house that easely, better get some keys sorted now Steveboy!!

Hmm, his espresso machine is nicer then mine, his chair however isn't!!
Switch on t.v. watch program on guy traveling alaska without cash, Keith comes home, manage not to get shot, got some tea and caramel slice, Steve comes home, he needs a haircut.

Have some coffee and get in car to flying field, which, of course, this is all about.

No wind, shit really no wind, ahh well that flag seems to move, discussion about trucks ability to move flag when driving past, come to field, no wind, then some, we didn't come all this way not to fly!!

Got out, set up Deep Space, set up Transfer, do some flying,
Not to bad, deep space was cool, some nice tricks in 3mph winds.

HIGHLIGHT of the day, increadeble backspin cascade with deep space in 3mph wind, left, right, left, right, left, right and fly on.

Bastiaan almost in trouble for going on about that increadeble backspin cascade. Again almost trouble, Bastiaan agrees after considering his options to stop bragging about, well you know.

Went to chinese restaurant, no table for three, steve thinks it is because of my baseball cap, remove cap and try other place, worked, nice food.

Up to keith's house to play halo 2 on x-box 360 with cinema screen and surround sound!!

Had some beer, went to bed, end of fly in.
Bastiaan.

Ogre

Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:53 am

So tell me about this backspin cascade.....
"With tuppence for paper and strings..."

Steve Porter

Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:46 pm

My chair is too better than yours!

Just Because A Cat Has Her Kittens in the Oven Doesn't Make them Biscuits