Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, bryan beasley, Keithgrif

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

STACK Sanctioning / Running - what's the difference

Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:35 pm

Roy Reed on another thread wrote:
[Trick Out is] not a 'sanctioned' STACK competition. Those are the Indi, Pair and Team Precision, Freestyle and Ballet competitions. It's a STACK UK run competiton.

Why are the trick competitions not 'sanctioned'? What is necessary for a competition to be sanctioned?

I've just noticed the UK part in the last sentence. That probably has a huge bearing on the point, but my question still stands.

Is STACK UK unable to officially sanction competitions run within its own jurisdiction?

RoyReed

Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:43 pm

AP will need to give the definitive answer on this, but I think that the sanctioned competitions count towards an international ranking and are judged to an internationally agreed standard.

STACK UK can run its own competitions but they don't carry any sanctioned international standing.
Must fly
Roy
REEDDESIGN Web Design

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:42 pm

Hi guys,

"Sanctioned competition" means that the National Director underwrites competition and proposes it to the SIEC (STACK council). What this boils down to is; arena must be 110mx110m; sound system must be adequate and there should be tents/shelter for meetings to take place.

Basically any of the formal STACK competitions (ie not the Trick Outs), have to be sanctioned. This makes the results eligible for International rankings, Eurocup etc.

Many festivals elect not to have 110mx110m arenas, so therefore avoid running STACK competitions.

The beauty of the trick competitions is that they do not require sanctioning, because SIEC does not regulate this competition format. It is a UK thing. Therefore we can run these competitions anywhere that we like.
:D
Andy