Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, bryan beasley, Keithgrif

mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:23 pm

Nice of 'em to tell us that! #-o

Thanks though for passing that on though Ron... :)

(now off to shorten my standoffs...)
Dave Morley

aerialis

Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:25 pm

abw wrote:
...snip... I just think we would be wise to think about evolving the format(s) rather than trying to stick rigidly to the Tricks Party rules as they are.

And IIRC this was also addressed by the TP organisers in Cap d'Agde. It's a comp format that is still developing.
abw wrote:
...snip... I'm all in favour of having more tricks, multiple trick lists and all that jazz for an international competition. But at this level, I don't think it would hurt to pare it all down a bit and run "Tricks Party Lite".

Something like this?
Sven A
--
AERIALIS Kites
http://kites.aerialis.no/

RonG

Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:49 pm

mobius wrote:
Nice of 'em to tell us that! #-o

Thanks though for passing that on though Ron... :)

(now off to shorten my standoffs...)

My pleasure!

And I, for one, will never again confuse a "lazy susan" with a "rolling susan" #-o #-o

mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:59 pm

RonG wrote:
And I, for one, will never again confuse a "lazy susan" with a "rolling susan" #-o #-o

I've done this in the past.. boy!.. you should have felt that slap she gave me for it too!

:punch:
Dave Morley

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:57 pm

Those of us from the US who flew at FWC have acknowledged that we probably won't be able to participate for a while, as we're the only ones remotely qualified to staff it...

I know exactly how you feel Ron. With regard to the future for Tricks Party or whatever it is eventually called, I think that it does appeal to a certain type of flyer. Many sport kite competitors like a bit of structure, and Tricks Party fits very well into that mound.

Now moving swiftly on, we have Trick Thangs to organise now. See the next thread...
Andy

Scarbak

Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:49 pm

RonG,
First US Tricks party?
When & where?

"I just wish I could fly in it. Those of us from the US who flew at FWC have acknowledged that we probably won't be able to participate for a while, as we're the only ones remotely qualified to staff it..."

Probably Exibition flights from the "staff" would be welcome for educational perposes. I know I'd enjoy it at least.

Scott

RonG

Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:27 am

Scarbak wrote:
RonG,
First US Tricks party?
When & where?

New Jersey Stunt Kite Championships, Liberty State Park in NJ, July 23 & 24. The Tricks Party is on the 24th in the afternoon.

Come on out for it, Scott. Liberty State Park is very cool place to fly (you can practically touch the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, and NYC is your backdrop). And bring 6 or 7 friends with you :D

Scarbak

Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:25 am

RonG,
You know I went to my very first AKA santioned event today.
Twisted Lines in Topeka KS. I couldn't be there for the Comps yesterday :(
But Donna/Ah Mayzon won her first Presicion event. :D 8)
BTW she's working on a new version of her kite with a shorter tail. so it holds a fade better.
I'd love to come but I don't think I'll make that gig at Liberty Park as that week end I'll be celebrating my daughters 5th B'day.
But thanks for asking. Maybe next time.
Will you do a Trick's Party Exibition? If so post so video please.

Scott