Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

sailor99
Topic Author

Anyone got views on a Hakuna

Sat May 10, 2008 11:56 am

Fell over this advert. The quote from Stephen Hoath, if accurate, makes it tempting. But what do people think of them?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HAKUNA-by-DIDAK-4 ... 286.c0.m14

garden flyer

Sat May 10, 2008 1:35 pm

A fun kite and fast, great if the wind is a bit strong and still accurate. I've seen Stephen fly them in fact it was because of that I got one. Always have it just in case. I've never used the lines and handles it came with though.

sailor99
Topic Author

Sat May 10, 2008 1:56 pm

Do you think it would be a better kite if larger? I must admit to being a bit put off by its diminutive stature!

garden flyer

Sat May 10, 2008 2:54 pm

For the money I think it's a lot of kite and robust. If it was larger it would be competing with the revs and it's not a rev. Best bet is to try one and see if it's what you want.

Stone in Shoe Bob
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat May 10, 2008 5:42 pm

Hello Sailor

Wise move to post your question here and not elsewhere. :-)

Tempted by the price, I briefly considered one before I bought my first Rev but was advised against it and ended up buying an sle.

I'm told that they don't reverse as well as a Rev, but I have to say I've not tried one. From what has been said so far it sounds a bit like a Rev II. I know it's probably a bit smaller and a bit more money but for an established Rev flier a Rev II is probably the way to go.

PM Sent
Stone in Shoe Bob
Friend and supporter of Kiteworld
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

Play365
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun May 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Very fast twichy and almost uncontrolable a good laugh but not at that price lol

garden flyer

Sun May 11, 2008 8:25 pm

Agreed they can be fast, but I haven't found control to be an issue. As for the price I'm happy with mine and didn't find it excessive for a four line kite.

Stephen Hoath

Re: Anyone got views on a Hakuna

Mon May 12, 2008 8:00 pm

sailor99 wrote:
Fell over this advert. The quote from Stephen Hoath, if accurate, makes it tempting. But what do people think of them?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HAKUNA-by-DIDAK-4 ... 286.c0.m14

Hi Jerremy, I love these kites but I don't see them as a replacement for any other type of 4 line kite.

I found them most fun in a strong wind. They fly like you wouldn't believe and flic-flac like it's on acid 8)

I agree that the handles that come with it are not the best choice but the line is fine, in fact I have team flown on it without problems.

You can always take the bridle off and fly it direct, then it's even more mad. For me though I would stack 6 of them and have a blast that way around. It a cheaper way of getting into large stacks.

Come to Exmouth/Washington/Basingstoke/Blackheath and you can try Daniel's.

Aeri

Tue May 13, 2008 1:00 am

didak doenst have a good rep in Belgium... expensive toys at most...
Old school was a great school

Stephen Hoath

Tue May 13, 2008 12:38 pm

Aeri wrote:
didak doenst have a good rep in Belgium... expensive toys at most...

Have you been talking to my wife? :oops: