Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

Stephen Hoath
Topic Author

Sunderland International Kite Festival - 5/6 July

Wed May 07, 2008 10:32 pm

If I can persuade the organisers to let us have some space would anyone one be interested in a Rev Clinic at this festival? Seems about time we had something else going on in the North of England, what with it being the year of the Rev.

I don't envisage there being any charges here, but I suspect insurance of some form or other will be needed for us to use the space.

It is a great festival and there is lots to do for the non kiters who go with you. The only real trouble is understanding the locals :P

We can work on content later if there is any interest.

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed May 07, 2008 11:50 pm

Come on everyone, bite his arm off for this offer!!!
8)
Andy

Zippy8

Wed May 07, 2008 11:55 pm

Then sprinkle "pixie dust" on it to make it grow back.

"the year of the Rev" - hmmmmmmmm...... :-k

Mike.

Stephen Hoath
Topic Author

Thu May 08, 2008 12:50 pm

Zippy8 wrote:
"the year of the Rev" - hmmmmmmmm...... :-k

Mike.

Mike, the year of the Rev has been introduced into the Chinese horoscope to help commemorate the Olympics. If you are born in the year of the Rev you are a constant and unchanging as the years but very manouevrable! (if a little backward!) :P

sailor99

Thu May 08, 2008 12:58 pm

I would bite his arm off, in fact both arms. However, as reported in the Lower House, I am already booked that weekend.

Stone in Shoe Bob
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri May 09, 2008 4:58 pm

aphelps wrote:
Come on everyone, bite his arm off for this offer!!!
8)

I'll second that.

Not only a Great Rev flier but a Great Teacher as well, an invaluable combination.

Sorry to say, I don't trust my old banger to make this trip.
Stone in Shoe Bob
Friend and supporter of Kiteworld
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

garden flyer

Sat May 10, 2008 8:39 am

Passed this on to Pauline. Sounds like a great opportunity.

A divin na wat ya mean aboot undastandin us up hear like, cos its a canny crack - yi na wat a mean marra.
In divin be like that man cos yi kin gan of people yi na. In yi a canny bairn. :-D

sailor99

Sat May 10, 2008 11:52 am

Yep, it is a great opportunity.

Stephen Hoath
Topic Author

Tue May 13, 2008 6:18 pm

OK - I have had a long chat with the festival organiser who has very kindly agreed to give us some space and time to hold a rev clinic. In addition, she has agreed (in priniciple) that we can have a demo slot at the end of the day to show-case what we have achieved! The festival theme is Friendship and I can't think of any other kiteflying that is as inclusive as Rev team so we shall see what we can achieve.

The local kite group the North East Kite Flyers (NEKF) are also really behind this project and there will be a good number of them there to join in. I am really excited about this opportunity and it is coming together fast.

Now the bad news is that places are need to be limited to make sure everyone there gets some quality time. The good news is that I have persuaded some of the rest of the team to lend a hand and their expertise.

So, could anyone who is wanting to attend please PM me, please give me a brief idea of your current skill level and what you would like to achieve. If you wish to fly some team please arrange to have some 120' lines with you. Other than that, what you normaly fly is the best kit to bring.

We will flesh out the details as we get more idea of numbers and people involved.