Moderators: Craig, Andy S

oldflyer
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Nirvana WW (Without Wind) - Sold

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:46 am

Nirvana WW (Without Wind)

I have owned the Nirvana WW for many years. It was made using a mixture of Icarex and a thin mylar like fabric for the sail. The mylar degraded over time and ended up peeling away. I therefore removed all the mylar panels and replaced them with white Icarex instead. My sewing skills are in no way up to the standards of a professional kite maker, but the panels are all securely in place and the kite flies well. The sewing just doesn’t look great close up.

This kite has lots of life left in it, but it has sticky patches on the sail in places and sail repair tape in places. The nose is sound and all the spars are great.

So, if you would like this classic kite, I don’t really know how much to ask for it. They cost a fortune new, but this one has been in the wars! How about we say £60 including postage to anywhere in the UK? I will donate every penny of the £60 to the Bristol Down Syndrome Trust to provide speech and language therapy to children with Down Syndrome.

The kite is supplied as shown in the photos – you need to add your own flying lines and storage bag. I will post it in a sturdy tube.

Thanks for looking folks

Last edited by oldflyer on Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oldflyer
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Re: Nirvana WW (Without Wind)

Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:43 am

Price drop - now only £40 including postage to anywhere in the UK!

It's worth that just forthe frame and fittings!

And every penny goes to charity!

oldflyer
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Re: Nirvana WW (Without Wind) - now only £40!!!

Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:11 pm

Sold! Thanks folks