Moderators: Craig, Andy S

JoaoMonteiro
Topic Author

Test transfer XT:Z my opinion about kite

Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:46 pm

Sorry my bad ingles , but i try #3104

Ingles Version:

Hello to all,

To fly with Transfer Xt.Z, what I think of the kite.
The general level of the Kite, I only can say that he is wonderful! Perfect!

L'Atelier took the construction to the detail and severity are greater, presents reinforcements in all the critical points found in some models of kites the consuming level.
To which I use the term "ZeroCut". ;)

Construction:

Positive Notes:
The union between the screens is as already we are accustomed by this constructor. Perfect!
The reinforcement of the sail in the union center "spine" is at the very least perfect.
The nose, equal to that already we are accustomed by the Atelier, but with union of only part. Perfect and resistant.
Very strengthened the area of yo-stops, and the adapter for yo-rings in the edge of attack of the kite well.
Yo-Ring, very good this system for weak wind, therefore with winds the top of 15km/s I think that the system becomes weak (the level of resistance of the connectors).
System of weights, the best one that I see in the kites of the Atelier, comes with 2 weights, one for stronger wind and another one for little wind. Perfect used Carbon SkyShark Black Diamond Nitro, has a time of very good reply, and is free of the great consuming in bridles; therefore the rods are completely smooth. Perfect!
The bag have a compartment for the rods, and a ring to keep to the weight substitute, I think that a system of spring or adherent adhesive, in closing of the bag, went to place the bag as Perfect.
Termination of the wing, took a good innovation in relation of the Xt.r model, is Perfect

Negative notes:
Yo-rings, the metallic connector that is fixed in carbon, with the use has the trend to break the rod of 1,56mm in this point is the only imperfection detected serious until the date. I think that in this point the Atelier had for more 0,5mm in the metallic reinforcement to strengthen this point of union of the rod (therefore with folding "Ring" makes much tension).
The weight of the kite in the lines. It is a kite that if feels very in the lines, for a pilot who is accustomed to have light kites as for example x-masque, feels the difference very.

We go now to the tests:

First day: Wind: 7kms to 15kms.
Yo-Rings: In use
Local test: Beach of Mata - Coast of the Caparica - Portugal
Lines: LazerPro 65kgs 22mts
Weight: both
Bridle: configuration of manufactures without any alteration.

Secund day: Wind: 15kms to 25kms
Yo-Rings: Not
Local: White Sand - Lourinhã - Portugal
Lines: LazerPro 75kgs 35mts
Weight: More weighed
Bridle: configuration of manufactures without any alteration.

Note: The described trick´s had been execute and tested in elapsing of the two day.

Transfer XT:Z

The Kite Xt.Z It is a kite that grasps the wind well, but needs at the very least derived to the weight 6kms to fly but I recommend 10kms minimum to have one fly firm and necessary.
It is a kite that makes little racket very, comparative with other models Atelier. We have a very good control of the speed of the kite, is very pretty to fly. The precision level is satisfactory, makes the precision figures well, but in mine to see these kite is turned for the "Show Trick", in this point this kite takes you for another dimension, the trick that you think to be difficult to make here almost you leave for he himself and the yo-Rings do not intervene nothing with the maneuvers.
But derivative to the open angle of the kite, has the trend to skid a little.
The Freestyle level, this kite is same wonder, the maneuvers broken of yo-yo is very easily controlled wants with yo-rings placed wants without them. With yo-rings I obtained to arrive at the 6 (yo-yo) without great problems and uncurls in the perfection, without yo-rings I arrived at the 4 and uncurling is clean and steady.
Tricks where the kite has a perfect ticket; - yoyo-axel; to unglue in yo-yo; yo-yo Spike YoyoMultilazy;yo-predestinates “yo-fade” (requires timing, without counting on the perfection of yo-yo in two times. - Cascades of Backspin; Backspin, is control on the rotation and speed in the perfection.
Summary of some tested maneuvers:
- Ours dês Prairies, are clean and soft.
- Pancake - Perfect
- Cascade Lazy, perfect
- Coin Toss, perfect
- Axel and double Axel, very good
-540, easy to execute
- Wapdowap, was one of the trick where I had difficulty in executing repeted followed.
- Crazycoptère, is fantastic to execute this trick
- Cascade de Rolling - Perfect
- Twix - very easy to execute with this kite.

In that this kite says respect the classic trick passes in the perfection and with a soft appearance, and perfect.

The level of wind scales, with weak or moderate wind is a very good kite, with strong winds, the pilot is a kite very fast e in many of the trick sees itself forced to walk fast or same to run to execute them.

Global summary:
It is a kite that I recommend to the loving ones of the Freestyle, is a little weighed but it does not hinder to be a infernal machine for the Freestyle.
The structure level is perfect.
Congratulations it team L'Atelier.

Good fly, João Monteiro