Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

lasapcheong
Topic Author

Superfly Tuning?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi,

Per my previous post, after waiting for like 8 months for my Superfly which eventually arrived in the sunny shores of Singapore, I've been flying it exclusively in an attempt to get inside its character.

Definitely a quirky kite for sure but I see its huge potential. 2 main tuning possibilities, the adjustable center Tee and leech line tension - both of which I found affects the trickability of the kite quite substantially.

To those few with a Superfly, any tuning preference? How much offset in the center Tee and leech line tension do you prefer.

Thanks
-Darryl (Singapore)
"One Day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual line for a minute anywhere in the window"

Flying Fish

Re: Superfly Tuning?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:25 pm

I haven't changed anything yet from the 'factory' settings. Want to get a really good feel for the kite before I start changing it. So far, I really like the kite! Wouldn't go as far as calling it quirky, but it's definitely different from anything else I have in my quiver, and it's got a character of its own for sure (ok, maybe I would call it quirky :P )

Coogee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:06 am

Hi
I have not tuned anything on the SF. The leech line on mine is about how I like it, just a bit of noise when the wind gets to around mid range. I will probably pull it up to silent in the summer as there is a ban on 2 line kites at my beach in the summer, I get away with flying most of the time but a noisy kite will not be cool. Chris suggested that the centre T was good at the bottom position so there it has stayed. I am finding the kite to be fun, you do need to keep line tension in lighter airs but once the breeze is up it is an awesome kite. Light line helps I have been flying mine on 25m of 80lb. I would go a bit longer but at high tide I would need a pair of swimmers to keep flying. Dunno about quirky but a very interesting beast, I think a UL would really kick arse.
Mike

lasapcheong
Topic Author

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:49 am

Hmm...I'm not sure if anybody have this feeling. My taz machines are pretty weak but I find that tazes are a little bit easier with the center Tee up a little bit and the leech line looser than normal. That true?
"One Day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual line for a minute anywhere in the window"