Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

benjai
Topic Author

Does this have a name? *

Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:00 pm

While mucking about with the DSUL in zero wind today I found an interesting little combination and wondered if it had a name? Basically, starting from a K2000 start position (nose down, on one leading edge, back of the kite facing the pilot and lines over the trailing edge), make a K2000 input but instead of recovering from the lazy-like spin, let it over-roatate and land back in K2000 start position on the other leading edge. Then repeat but the other way. I managed three in a row - a sort of K2000-and-a-bit cascade. Anyhow, anyone know what this is called?

* and does anyone care!

krijn
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:36 pm

i posted something similar on the dutch forum about half a year ago

i named it: K2000 1/2

the K1999 1/2 is also possible, just spin it a bit less than 360 degrees

you can just play around and add 360 one or twice or ...

Krijn

Stink_Finger

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:42 pm

When does the name of a kite trick become 'official'? OK some tricks are pretty self-explainatory 'axle' 'flare' fade' 'yo-yo' etc, but how the hell do you get K2000 as a name? or 'taz-machine'?
If Benjai the first peson to develop a trick and then other people go out & copy his combination of moves that make up the example above could you for example call it a 'benjai'?

Tomorrow I'm going to invent the 'Stink Finger'!

I'll let you know the inputs requred for a 'Stink Finger' when I've worked out what one is! LOL
Driving a VW Camper, flying Bensons! (OS, Gemini, DS)

Infinitive

Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Cool trick when done smoothly, which isn't easy - discussed here a year or two ago. We called it a k2000 cascade. Keep at it - ground-work is definitely a gold-mine of neglected manouvers.

How is a "fade" a self-explanatory name?!
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

gui

Re: Does this have a name? *

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:05 pm

K2000 is the nickname of the guy who invented it... (stephane briband, from Drole d'Oiseau...)

Taz-machine... i don't know, but, far as i know, roger tessa-gambassi invented it... maybe from the Tazmanian Devil in Bug's Bunny cartoons... turning all over himself all the time, and witch name is Taz... but, it's my interpretation

KaoS
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re:

Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:14 am

Stink_Finger wrote:
I'll let you know the inputs required for a 'Stink Finger' when I've worked out what one is! LOL

I'd have thought that was self explanatory... surely it involves bending forward and placing a digit... :lol:
Kevin Sanders

Willunga
South Australia

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Does this have a name? *

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Nice trick, I managed a few of these last year when I was trying to make a vid, not easy to get consistent. I'm all for keeping the names self explanatory. I can't keep track of all the names now but definitely think that if something is cascade-ed it doesn't need another name for the cascase version.

Will wait to see that stink-finger cascade Kevin. :-)