Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Brian01
Topic Author

New Membership

Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:48 pm

Hi

My name is Brian Harradine and I have just registered on your forum site. I would like some info on how to join Fractured Axel. I live in Camberley in Surrey but have family connections in Portsmouth and am down there quite often. I am no spring chicken but have only been flying kites for about five years off and on. I would love to learn how to fly properly and trick my Jam Session. I did once manage an axel but only one. My wife Linda and I were at this years Portsmouth festaval and had a great time, so many kites in the air at one time.

I look forward to joining Fractured Axel and chating with you all and hopfully meeting some of you on the flying field.

Brian. :cool:

Andy S
King of FA

Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:02 pm

Hi Brian,

As I said in the Private Message, welcome to the forums, and welcome, also, to the club. Essentially all you have to do to join, is ask, and turn up from time to time when we get together to fly.

If you watch the Fly-meet discussions thread, that's where we announce when and where we're planning to fly. At the moment it's mostly informal and there are only a few of us, so we tend to only give each other a few hours notice at best.

If you let us know in advance when you're around and free to fly in there somewhere then we'll do all we can to get to meet you. I can normally manage a few hours most weekends, and some weekends (like this one) I'm practically free all weekend (shame about the wind).

Hope to see you around soon.