Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

JamesR
Topic Author

St Albans Family Kite Day Nov 1st

Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:03 am

If anyone is available to do some demo flying please get in touch with them...they have a budget (see message below)

Cheers,

James

Briefly, in conjunction with ‘The Big Draw’ (an Arts Council initiative to encourage children to be creative), we are running a series of kite making workshops throughout the St Albans district during October 2009.

We are visiting local libraries, museums, cafes and groups, to encourage them to create very simple, but hopefully, aerodynamic kites.

These workshops will culminate in a Kite Flying Day on Sunday 1 November, from 11.00am to 3.00pm at Nomansland Common, Wheathampstead, Hertfordshire.

As well as inviting all participants and the public to fly any type of kite, we would also like to organise a professional display. Unfortunately many of the local kite flying clubs/traders in the area, who also used Nomansland regularly, have ceased trading. We are therefore approaching clubs nationally, as well as professionals, in order to offer a display as part of the timetable. We would also like to feature kite retailers too.

If you are able to support this project, or can offer suggestions of kite contacts, we would be very grateful.

Thanks very much in advance.

Chris

Chris Blanch
Arts Development Officer
St Albans Arts Sport & Health
Telephone: 01727 827667, Ex. 221

hezz

Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:29 pm

Ooo! St Albans is only a couple of miles away from me.. more details please (PM if necessary) and we will see whether The Flying Squad can make an appearance!

Hezz

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 pm

I believe Doug or Peter contacted them on behalf of AirHeads and was told (paraphrasing) "we have DarkStar coming, no need for any more" but it's always worth trying.
Keith
STACK UK
National Director 2006-2012

ExGrads pairs, fourth in Europe 2011!!!
Airheads team, 10th in the world 2012

AL1

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:12 pm

I'm thinking of popping along to this one, if the weather holds out.

Nomandsland Common is not a bad site. It is very popular with dog walkers, so I strongly recommend a change of footwear.

It's also very popular with model aircraft flyers, so it would be interesting to see where they get put on Sunday.

To get there, just head NW out of St Albans and it's between Sandridge and Wheathampstead. There is a reasonable pub just down the road if the heavens open.

LoopyAppleCaron

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:41 pm

We're thinking of going along - seems silly not to support a local event when we travel all over the shop for the rest of the year ;-)