Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:10 pm

I think a good day had by all, despite the variability of the wind. There were about hald a dozen dualies, and nearly as many foils. Ian from Scruffs also turned up with the Scruffs van, and let us have a quick blast with the fury :smile:

Highlights of the day included four up with the phantom elites on 150 ft lines... this team flying is quiet addictive, and far more sociable perhaps than bashing away on your own all afternoon. Three of us finished the afternoon flying a (Keith you'll know what its called I cant remember) a series of 270 loops, hover, and across the sky, several wraps.

The Fury as mentioned above, which Jim 540' on silly lines

Some nice Jacobs ladders from Jim with the Impact UL, I also managed to 540 the Impact and the Gem - first one ever!

All of us tried the Vana UL, concensus was it the mutts, even Jim liked it compared to the standard. Im even less sure, as today it felt really good. 540s on 10m lines fairly easy, altho Im getting frustrated with my lack of progress with the flic flac

Sunburn, the left side of my face and neck is red despite the wearing of a hat more appropriate for cricket.