Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

jimothy

Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:49 pm

Me and steve had great fun flying all our low- and no-so-low-wind kites.

Ihad a chance to do a head-to-head comparison of the std and UL impacts, and was pleased to find them very comparable in terms of feel and style, and pleasantly surprised to find how easy the UL was to keep airborn in such low winds.

Other successes included steve finding the necessary "touch" to make the UL go from pancake to fade nicely and me cracking multiple flatspins (2340 degrees was my best) on the Amazing
Amazing
Box of Tricks $
Double Zero
Frenezy
Impact; Vented, Std, UL $
Maestrale $
Nirvana; Std, UL (reframe)
Ronin
Sweety $
XnTric $

$ for sale

wind-dreams

Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:51 pm

poo :shit: i thought it was sunday you were going to meet. I might well turn up about 3pm at heath on sunday. Dave from celtic kites might well be coming. if no one else is going to come then the field is mine....ALL MINE :fingers:

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:57 pm

sorry adam, its my fault for confusing you guys with its saturday, no its sunday, no iots saturday etc etc.
we had a good couple of hours, even the rain held off mostly. wind picked up a little at times, enough even for the gem; mostly flying the impact UL and amazing. Have to say JIm's flying has come on again since last time we were all at heath...keeping the std impact going when i was struggling with the UL, and the multi 540 spins on the amzing...impressive!
Hopefully when the weather gets warmer and more family friendly we'll see a few more of the cardiff / south wales mob. I really enjoyed this afternoon, hadnt flwon for over 2 weeks, and its got my enthusiasm going again. Flying in group is infinitely more satisfying than alone...

wind-dreams

Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:43 pm

Out today, Keith a Vee, myself & Dave from Celtic Kites. Jim also made an appearance. Very light wind. Only about 5mph. I spent most of my time yakking to Dave. Keith & Vee were practicing their new routine. First time I have had one of my kites out for a week or two.....it showed. ha ha