Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

Browser
Topic Author

Best place to get Rev spares

Wed May 30, 2007 10:53 am

Hi, joined what I suspect is a large(ish?) group last weekend learning to fly my Shockwave by slamming it into the deck and snapping one of the long vertical spars. Where/who is the best place to get new ones from please?
p.s. All credit to the construction of the Rev, this is my first broken spar, it was quite a high wind and it's not the first time it's been run headfirst into the ground :oops:
Jeez, this wind's a bit gusteeeeeeeeeee!

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed May 30, 2007 11:41 am

Try Richard at Tradewinds or The Highwaymen. Contact details in the links section. If they can't sort you out they'll certainly point you in the right direction.
Jason.

Tregolwyn

Wed May 30, 2007 2:18 pm

If you can't get them in the UK then try Kite Connection in the US.

They do not show spars on the website but they stock Rev stuff. I have had spars sent over from the States before and the cost is reasonable, check postage first though via e-mail. Total should be well inside the customs limit so no duty. From memory you should get a replacement including postage for less than £10.

Paul

Stone in Shoe Bob
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed May 30, 2007 7:13 pm

Chalky is always my first call for spares, I have always found him very helpful though some times a bit difficult to get hold of. I think he’s a one man band and he has had a couple of trips into hospital lately but if you can get hold of him he will sort you out.
Stone in Shoe Bob
Friend and supporter of Kiteworld
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

Morticiaskeeper

Wed May 30, 2007 8:48 pm

Chalky will be out of action for a while, he sent me a picture last week.

The engineering involves one of these Image :(
Handler of Morticia

Airheads demo team '09

Stone in Shoe Bob
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed May 30, 2007 9:22 pm

Ouch! is that a femur? if so he has my sypathy, I broke mine and was off work for 8 months and had another 4 part-time.

Get well soon chalkie, and I hope you're back quicker than I was.
Stone in Shoe Bob

Friend and supporter of Kiteworld

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

JimC

Wed May 30, 2007 10:07 pm

Regarding Chalky:

There's been some confusion / misinformation going around in recent times - so I made a point of getting the following from the man himself, at 'Swimdon' Fest:

He won't be trading at any more events for the forseeable, though the website/mail-order side of the business will continue to operate as normal..... 8)

(and yes, he keeps a fair stock of Rev spares)
Hope that helps.....
JimC

Morticiaskeeper

Thu May 31, 2007 6:52 am

Stone in Shoe Bob wrote:
Ouch! is that a femur?

It's on his lower leg, although that is just a library picture.

He sounded a bit rough the day after the op, but still gave me some abuse, so everythings ok 8)
Handler of Morticia

Airheads demo team '09

Neil E
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu May 31, 2007 11:05 am

Actually, its a bit worse than it looks in that piccy - imagine taking a good sized saw and slicing straight through the femur (ie: saw your leg off) - then, after you've wiped the sweat off your brow (and mopped up a bit of blood), do exactly the same an inch or two below the knee. Now head off to the 'spares' shelf and find (hopefully) the replacement part(s) for that middle bit. Amazing, a bit like the bionic man by the time they've finished with him. Hope he has good pain killers.
KITE Rx