I finally got round to venting my old worn Deep Space.
I've done the venting with two long thin gauze panels at the outer edges of the central panel that can be covered to vary the vent (very different to Piero's vented DS). The covers are attached using small bits of Velcro. I've made two different covers, the larger one shown here and a smaller one that extends to the second pair of Velcro dots.
Without any of the covers on the trick performance is compromised but there's very little pull even at 20+mph. With the smaller cover applied, trick performance improves and the kite is still flyable at about 18mph. With the larger cover (as shown) trick performance is more or less the same as the standard kite and gives maybe an extra 3-4mph useful top-end wind range.