Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Marnavi
Topic Author

Eolo Neox Repair Question

Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:00 pm

Lower leading edge, The fact is that this part has broken, I have ordered a rod of the same size, but I am still not very familiar with the repairs or with the loose parts, I have the original ferrule and a rod of the same size, at first glance it seems simply a hollow rod that reaches the ferrule, then inside another rod that goes inside it to the ferrule, then it has a kind of hole through which a mini rod goes that fixes it, no idea, in principle being like that, it could fix it but, it's weird.

This is the part where the rod is filled
I just started building my kite bag!! Kite bag: R-sky Frenezy, Eolo Neox, HQ Jam Session, Eolo Over ventrex, Eolo Over Icarex, Eolo Tango 1, HQ Maestro II and searching for a Nirvana and JoE Talon!

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Re: Eolo Neox Repair Question

Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:58 pm

It's sometimes used by different manufacturers to strengthen the section of rod that goes into the ferrule, effectively making that part solid, look for 4mm rod, if you want to copy.

Unless you're hard on your kites I wouldn't bother.

Marnavi
Topic Author

Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:03 pm

Craig wrote:
It's sometimes used by different manufacturers to strengthen the section of rod that goes into the ferrule, effectively making that part solid, look for 4mm rod, if you want to copy.

I already have a 4mm one to fill it, with this it would not stay exactly the same as the other one?
I just started building my kite bag!! Kite bag: R-sky Frenezy, Eolo Neox, HQ Jam Session, Eolo Over ventrex, Eolo Over Icarex, Eolo Tango 1, HQ Maestro II and searching for a Nirvana and JoE Talon!

Marnavi
Topic Author

Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:17 pm

Craig wrote:

Oh okay! you mean that it is not necessary to do the fixation with the mini rod I understand :)