Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

kabel
Topic Author

Installation "LongWayHome"

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi,
I made an installation with an animation and a flying kite (Horvath - I'll be back) .
Hope u like it.

Long Way Home is a kinetic narration and spatial experience, in which a kite moving along in a circular
path is used in a projected environment. The loop structure of the story, the kite in its clockwise
movement, and the repetition of events all emphasize the circular structure of time.

The hand-drawn animation shows an old man walking with a kite. After losing hold of the kite line
he makes several attempts to reach it before he finally manages to hang on to the kite. It pulls him up
into the sky, while an animated city appears below him. Night falls, and the city’s windows and
billboards light up until the city vanishes under a mist of smoke. The old man slowly descends,
touching down safely – and holding on to the line of the kite, starting again from the beginning
in a never-ending cycle. Sounds are used to illustrate the surroundings and create an atmosphere
that underscores the storyline. This installation was realized in collaboration with Katharina Klemm.

Video:

https://vimeo.com/84043250

Kind regards!

Andy S
King of FA

Re: Installation "LongWayHome"

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Very cool. Well done :thumbsup:

kabel
Topic Author

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Thanks a lot! :)
Gerald

honchoboy

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Top marks. The drawing must have took a great deal of time!
Ian
Northern Monkeys Kite Group

UK STACK Freestyle Champion '18

pink

Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:29 pm

cool, but where is full version i will like to see full story, it looks like there is story behind it.
Prism Nexus, Chris Matheson - Midi Sandpiper, DIY Le Quartz, R-Sky Diablis, DIY Pink S.U.L
CIM - Fireman, DIY SunDog Fighter

http://pinkfloodesign.com/

kabel
Topic Author

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi,
the video is an excerpt of the 5min installation, it contains the main actions but nevertheless it can't replace watching the real installation.
Best